Sunday, January 29, 2006

Silver Lining

Sometimes my bad habits work for good instead of evil.

Today, I intended to go running, taking advantage of a rare sunny day with unseasonably warm temperatures. Late in the afternoon, I put on workout clothes, but instead of getting up and leaving the house immediately, I sat down on the couch to watch the end of one of A&E's interminable design shows. The next thing you knew, 20 minutes had gone by and I was still sitting on the couch when the skies opened up and rain came poring down in great gushing streams. Had I left the house as planned, I would have been 20 minutes into the run-- close to the furthest point, distancewise, and facing a long, wet, and cold journey home.

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

some body up their likes you. you has to be a angel or some thing. glad you staid dry instead. it always rainey here.

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger EEP said...

What that previous poster meant to say was...

Clearly thou art the favorite of the gods. Zeus smiles down upon thee and it is pleasing that he sought not to dampen thee. Alas, here the tempest fails to cease. Glub.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home