Sunday, January 22, 2006

Foible

I don't mind the sorting and washing and drying part of doing the laundry. I kind of like folding the warm clothes fresh from the dryer. It's somehow zen, relaxing. And in the winter, I cherish the opportunity to steal heat from yet another source. When I was in high school and had to wait a very long time in the pre-dawn winter dark for a bus, I used to put my clothes in the dryer while I took a shower and did my hair and packed my school bag, then dressed in the toasty warm clothes right before I left the house. I love the clean smell of freshly laundered clothes. There are few things better than slipping into a bed made with freshly laundered sheets.

So why is it that having done all of that, I cannot seem to make myself actually put the clean, folded laundry away?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home