Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Favorite Halloween candy: Any of those little mini chocolate bars, provided, of course, that they won't kill me.

Least favorite Halloween candy: Those little orange pumpkin thingies that are made from something similar to candy corn. I also hate candy corn.

Favorite scary movie: None. I really don't like scary movies because I have nightmares for weeks after. However, I do like a good scary book. Both of my favorites are by Stephen King: The Stand and Dark Half. The Stand is one of my favorite books altogether, and it still freaks me out. I mean, what would you do if you were one of the survivors of an apocalyptic bird flu epidemic that killed everyone you know and everyone you love in a matter of a week or two? How would you deal with the overwhelming grief while trying to survive in a frightening world with none of the "little comforts" like electricity or medical care? And the first time I read The Dark Half, I literally didn't-- couldn't!-- sleep for three days.

Favorite slasher movie: I really liked the original Night of the Living Dead, but I don't think it's really a slasher flick, and it's not really scary, either.

Favorite costume (childhood): The year I was a vampire. I went through a phase when I was about ten or so where I was very interested in the legends of vampires and werewolves, how they came about, and what role they played in other cultures. It became my dearest ambition to dress as a vampire for Halloween, and I made the entire costume myself. You could totally tell it, too, but I was sooo proud of it.

Favorite costume (college): I don't really remember any of those costumes except the belly dancer costume I wore when I went to a law school Halloween party with Finbar, back when he was a 1L. It wasn't particularly revealing as far as these types of costumes go: no see through fabric (except for the veil part), not particularly low cut, though it did expose my midriff. An astounding number of drunk law students hit on me while I was standing right next to Finbar, and the son of a prominent local judge asked me to perform the dance of the seven veils for him. Ewwww.

Favorite costume (adulthood):Chariman Kaga. It was sweet: I even had a perfect yellow bell pepper. We threw a Iron Chef themed Halloween party that year, and my friends wore equally great costumes. That was a fun night.

Favorite Halloween TV special: Although I have a soft spot in my heart for "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", I must cast my vote in this category for the Treehouse of Horrors V. I especially love the second part when Homer keeps trying to fix the toaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home