Friday, October 27, 2006

How Do You Know When Your Life's About to Change?

A year ago yesterday, I had no idea that I was about to go on a date with the man I'm going to marry. In fact, when I woke up a year ago today, we hadn't even made a date with each other. I asked him to accompany me to a Halloween party being thrown by a mutual acquaintance on the spur of the moment, fueled by a minor crush I'd been nursing for a few weeks and some conversations we'd had that could be construed as flirtatious, and figuring that the shared connection to the party thrower gave me plausible deniability if he didn't have any interest in me that way.

Which was good, because he turned me down when I asked him out after Estates and Trusts class.

So, really, I can't explain what possessed me to call him back after classes and ask him out again.If I had been thinking logically, I certainly wouldn't have! But, oh, am I glad I did. And even more glad that he said yes the second time.

Ash, I never knew life could be so sweet, and it's all because of you.
Every day, I marvel at my incredible good fortune, and I love you more than I could ever say.

And if you want to hear the song, you can listen to it here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home