Wednesday, October 04, 2006

How Much Did You Learn From High School Civics?

I got them all right. However, I must admit that I guess at two questions after narrowing it down to two of the answer choices on each of them.

Also, I would like it noted that I was not required to take a civics course in high school. I was required to return to my American high school after spending my senior year in Germany so that I could earn a half credit in U.S. Government, a course that was "taught" in Spring semester. I use "taught" in only the loosest sort of way, because the class literally consisted of watching TV. We watched tapes of every Academy Awards show since 1985, Patton, and The Candidate. I was never asked to take a test, write a paper, or read the text. And this was an Advanced Placement course.

You can't make this stuff up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home