Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sheesh

I've been roundly scolded several times this week, both in person and by email for my lack of updates recently. My humblest apologies to those of you who apparently cannot make it through a day of work unless you are distracted by my musings.

What can I say? I have nothing to say. My topics of conversations currently are:

  1. I don't have a job. Wah, wah. No one wants to hire me. Wah. Wah. Wah.
  2. I love Ash! He's so smaaaarrrrt. And so cuuuuuute. And funnnnny. Ash is so great!
Are these topics you really want to hear me hold forth on? Really?

I thought not.

However. I am trying very hard to get a start on writing a book. For reals. One of my "Things to Do Before I Die" list is "Be Published". And since I don't have anything else to do right now, it seems like a good time to try and write the book part. I have two vague ideas right now, and I'm pondering exactly how to go about honing them.

Also? I am busy writing cover letters. Have I told you how much I hate cover letters? And writing them? I've decided to make one stock letter to attach to all future resume submissions:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I want a job. I need money. If you will pay me money, I will work hard for you. I am smart (see my resume). I have done lots of different jobs in the past. That's why even if my resume doesn't explicitly list the skill for which you are seeking, you should still hire me. I can learn lots of stuff very quickly.

In conlusion, you should hire me.

Sincerely,

Katze

I think it could work!

Hulio was here for a visit this weekend, and it was far too short. We had a great time, but don't be expecting some sort of exciting tales of wanton, bacchanalian carousal. We mostly just hung out together, doing the same kinds of nothing we always do together. It was great, especially the trip to Target. I have had a massive hole in my life since losing my Target partner. No one else understands the fine art of shopping at Target the way Hulio does. Of course, my budget is probably in better shape as a result...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home