Monday, August 28, 2006

Busy Little Bee

I'm back from a short trip to D.C. with Ash, working hard to get ready for my teaching gig-- which starts in just under a week (gulp)-- and sending out a bajillion resumes. God, I hate writing cover letters. Oh, GOD, do I hate it! I've had a few bites, but nothing that's worked out yet. I wonder how much having the J.D. is actually hurting me, since I'm not looking for legal work. I'm worried that people are looking at my resume and then assuming that I'm overqualified or something, but I don't really know what to do to combat that at this stage.

It's amazing how much time job hunting can take. I'm sick of it already, but at the same time, I don't want to just take a job for the sake of taking something, then end up making them-- and probably myself!-- miserable. On the other hand, I need some money coming in for rent and such, and I don't mind taking various temporary and part time jobs while I'm waiting, even if they're relatively low paying/ low status. I may even go back to waitressing for a while. I'm also toying with the idea of submitting some work for publication, possibly some of the writing I've done in the past for my own enjoyment. It wouldn't be enough to live on, I know, but the reward of being published might just make up for the sting of going back to waitressing. I've also got an interview for a short term, unpaid internship related to a field that I'm interested in, so I'm feeling good about that, too.

Send me good job vibes, y'all! I'm trying not to worry, but it's in my nature. Plus, I'm BORED of being at home. I'm actually looking forward to working for the structure, if nothing else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home