Monday, January 09, 2006

Avoidance of Madness

I need to buy one more book, which for some unfathomable reason was not included in the book list for this semester (*gasp* Inaccuracy in materials from the Adminstration? Never!). However, I do not want to face the insanity that is the university bookstore at the beginning of a semester. It's worse than Walmart on Christmas Eve after the malls have closed.

I also need to take some packages to the post office for mailing. But I don't want to deal with the insanity there either, where the single counter worker seems to have a personal mission to explore exactly how slowly a person can move without actually inciting a riot.

So, here I am, sitting in the Student Lounge, blogging and eating. My lunch was particularly yummy-- leftover palak paneer and a fresh green salad with balsamic vinagrette, in case you were wondering-- and I'm contemplating a hot tea. I have to check and see if the tea leaves are still in my locker. That, however, would require me to actually move. This is problematic.

Does anyone ever come back to classes feeling excited? All I've heard all day is "God, I didn't want to come back!" and "Man, break was far too short!" I am a little weirded out by the fact that this is the last first day of classes I will ever have, but a little excited, too. Sometimes it seems like I just started law school; other times it seems like I've always been here and will always be here.

Alrighty, then. Off to *do* stuff.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home