Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dereliction of Duty

Emptying the lint trap on a dryer is the most difficult job in the world. I base this conclusion on the fact that I am the only person of at least ten adults in my apartment building who is capable of doing so. Now, normally, I don’t expect you mere mortals to measure up to my superhuman abilities, but I sort of thought that emptying the lint trap was something you puny humans are capable of.

Obviously, I was wrong. And I apologize for my unfair expectations.

In the future, I will be certain to do my duty and check the lint trap on a regular basis to ensure that everyone will be able to dry their clothes in an efficient manner that will not raise the threat of a fire that could burn the building down. (I’d just put the fire out, but when they were handing out super powers, apparently, I got stuck with “cleaning lint traps”. I think I got screwed.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:08 PM , Blogger Dave said...

At least you don't have to farm mung.

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger Luneray said...

You could put up some signs in the laundry room, Swedish style.

Lots and lots of signs.

 
At 12:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

merry christmas. i hope the new year finds you happy and healthy. all the best,

megan

p.s. see you next year! (don't you just love new years'?)

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger katze said...

Nah, for the most part, people are fairly civilized as far as sharing the laundry room goes. No one throws clothes on the floor or hogs the machines as a general rule. But for some reason, every. single. time. I try to use the dryer, I clean an enormous wad of lint out of the trap-- far more lint than is in the trap after I use the dryer, so I assume it's multiple loads worth of lint.

Sigh. A minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home