Monday, December 15, 2008

You Do Know Other People Can Hear You, Right?

At the grocery store tonight, a woman who appeared to be in her mid-twenties passed by me, engrossed in a conversation on her cell phone. She did not appear particularly upset-- no tears or anything-- so it was deliciously incongruous when the words coming out of her mouth as she drew even with me were "Do you think I would have been together with you if I didn't care about you?", said in the most indignant, pained tone. Then, just as she turned to go down the next aisle over, she belched into the phone, loud and long.

Nothing says true love like a cell phone conversation in the grocery store and a violent attack of gastric gases!

I so wish I had been able to hear the other end of the conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home