Saturday, December 20, 2008

Scenes From a Stop Light

Ash and I were out Christmas shopping this afternoon. Actually, in an act reflecting the exact level of procrastination we have reached in our household, we went out to do all of our Christmas shopping. When you shop on the busiest day of the Christmas shopping season, you have to expect and accept a certain level of insanity. I did not, however, expect to see this little vignette unfold in front of my eyes.

We were waiting at a red light, directly behind one of those small pickup trucks that sit pretty low to the road. A couple was riding in the truck, and the man had a long, wild, Fabio-type 'do that had already caught my eye, but before I could comment on it to Ash, the woman reached over, took hold of the back of the man's shirt and started pulling it off. He ducked his head, did a little wiggle, and suddenly, we were facing his freckled, hairy, bare back.

Pandemonium broke out in our car.

The woman reached over and handed the man another shirt, which he ducked into, pulling the huge mane of hair out and fluffing it up. Then he casually leaned his hand over the top of the steering wheel, as though nothing whatsoever out of the ordinary had happened.

2 Comments:

At 4:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I've been wondering why you haven't posted in ages, and this pops up in my Google reader today (Jan 22, 2009) and I notice that the entry is dated Dec. 20th.

Funny story though. :)

luneray

 
At 10:36 PM , Blogger katze said...

I was cleaning out my draft folder last night. Expect more "old" posts over the next few days. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home