Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My New Decorating Scheme is Corrugated

We moved on Saturday. And Sunday. And Monday. And today. More on that in a few days: we have no internet, no TV, and no phone in the new place. The public library boots you off the innanet (Hi, Juice! )And yet, it feels really great to come through the door and know that it's our place.

I must say that I was somewhat taken aback by the realization that I had spent my last night as a truly 100% single person-- someone with her own space, in which every item belonged to her, and her alone, and which she was not obligated in any way shape or form to share with someone else. I mean, yes, we're not married yet, so I am still legally single, but we are actively merging our households now. That feels like a bigger step than I thought it would. I mean, we were spending most of our waking, non-work, non-school hours together anyway, so it didn't seem like it would be a very big change to just move in to the same apartment.

Our families are coming for Ash's graduation in just a few days, so I am headed back to work on unpacking some of the 500 books that we own between the two of us and try to cut back on the amount of cardboard in the apartment, lest someone think Hildi's been to visit.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM , Blogger Sonja said...

Oh, don't worry. Cardboard is chique.
It always amazes me how all your stuff takes up more room when it's packed than when it's not packed. Shouldn't it be the opposite?
Well, have fun unpacking...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home