Sunday, May 13, 2007

I Thought of a Very Clever Title For This Post, But I Didn't Write It Down, So Now I've Forgotten It

Paca tagged me for a meme with the following rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Okay. Let's see...

1. I like plain oatmeal, but only the really good, non-instant kind.

2. Small children love me. Children in shops and on the street regularly take my hand, grab hold of my leg, reach to be picked up, smile, laugh, and tell me stories, often over the concerned or embarassed protests of their parents. I could have a great career as a kidnapper, if I were so inclined.

3. I played the munchkin who says "We thank you very sweetly for killing her so neatly...", etc. in a summer stock production of The Wizard of Oz when I was 17. It was my first and last speaking role, in no small part because it was the second summer stock production I was ever in (having played a wardrobe girl in Act I and a Bathing Beauty in Act II of a production of Mack and Mabel with the same company the previous summer), and also my last-- I left for Germany and by the time I came back, I was too busy to get involved in that sort of thing. Sometimes I toy with the idea of trying out for some community theater production, but then I think that maybe it's better to keep the memory of those two wonderful summers intact.

4. At any given time, the number of lip balms I own can be measured by double digits. Same for the number of lipsticks. I set a moratorium on new lipstick purchases every once in a while, but it never lasts long because I am constantly searching for the perfect pink lipstick. My coloring makes most pinks look unbearably sickly on me. It used to be the search for the perfect shade of brown that fueled my acquisitions, but I now own at least ten brown lipsticks that I love, plus a handful that I think are okay and use for mixing with other lipsticks.

5. The first meal of any given day must be breakfast-- and by this, I mean it must consist of foods that I consider "breakfast food". The very idea of eating, for example, cold pizza for breakfast makes me queasy. However, once I eat a small breakfast and have coffee, I am perfectly willing to segue into non-breakfast foods, provided that there is a short interval of time in between.

6. I cannot sleep without a blanket, no matter how hot the temperature is in the room. In the summer, I often spend several minutes trying to rearrange the covers so that the minimum amount of skin is covered that will still allow me to fall asleep and stay asleep. I am also a blanket hog.

7. I used to dislike the comic strip Pearls Before Swine until I read it in Swedish. Now I think it's hysterical in English and Swedish. I cannot explain this. Now that I know that Stephan Pastis is an ex-attorney, I think the strip is even funnier.

8. If I had to go back and do college over again, but couldn't major in the same thing, I would choose to major in Geology. I put off fulfilling my science requirement until the last possible moment, and I loved my Geology classes so much that I half-seriously considered trying to add a minor.

9. I have been to more foreign countries than states of the United States.

10. I had scarlet fever as a young child and it left streaks in the enamel of my teeth. But I've never had a cavity, not even after the five year stretch when I had no dental insurance and consequently did not go to the dentist.

Wow, that was actually kind of hard. Maaaan and now I have to think of people to tag? Ummm... Sonja for sure. J was already tagged by Paca, Paca tagged me... Ooo, Luneray has a blog and so does Eep, so they're all tagged and stuff... Oh! Juice! You're tagged! And now I am drawing a blank on other bloggers who I like and read and if you want to consider yourself tagged, please do, but I am going to hit "Publish" and then go check my email. And work on packing. Because we are moving in five (5) days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:48 PM , Blogger Sonja said...

Good. I'm good at random. Hehehe.

 
At 2:29 AM , Blogger pacatrue said...

I like it. N was the same on geology. She really liked the class, but unfortunately didn't get around to taking it until senior year, when it was then too late to major.

And you did 10 things.

I forgive you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home