Monday, November 21, 2005

How Can This Possibly Be Effective?

I just spent the entire two hour immigration law class deleting spam comments from my blog in between taking notes on asylum. If my numbers are correct, I deleted 86 comments. Therefore, I am turning on the word verification feature. I believe anonymous comments will still work, though.

Who are the people who actually click on these links and then follow through with a purchase of whatever product they're selling? They wouldn't do this if it wasn't effective on some basic level, after all. You would have to be incredibly stupid to fall for their tactics.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Blogger Zatnik said...

REALLY ISN'T AN AD!

Hi, I know this is a totally inappropriate place to post this question, but I don't care and am going to ask it anyway.

Having read one of your comments elsewhere I noticed you mention Tintenjäger pens. I have one, but it ran out (during my university entry exams, no less) and so I was wondering if you know of any way that it is possible to buy them outside of Germany...

PS: I just read the actual message. Thats kinda ammusing and ironic. It also brings up another question: How do you turn on word verification?

----
(I PROMISE YOU) I (DON'T) have a site on diamond necklaces, OR adult toys! (ALTHOUGH)If you want some, just follow the links on (THE COMMENTS THAT PLAUGE) my site (TOO).

 
At 6:13 PM , Blogger Zatnik said...

...Anyway, I think my record is 19 such comments on one post.

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger katze said...

Hey zatnik--

Sorry, I buy Tintenjäger in bulk when I visit Germany, so I don't know about a way to get them shipped to the US.

To turn on word verification, you go to your dashboard and click on "moderate comments" under the posting tab. There's a spot there to turn word verification on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home