Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Insomnia

Why is it that, when you are most exhausted, that is exactly when you get the worst insomnia? If I could stay home from work tomorrow, I would sleep until 2 p.m. and be back in bed before 8 p.m. Right now, at midnight, I can't get my mind to shut down and go to sleep. Will I have enough money to pay rent and buy groceries through the school year? Should I drop Chinese for Lawyers? Why do I have so much crap? Why do I still want more crap when I already have too much of it? Why is my stomach rumbling when I just ate dinner four or five hours ago? Why can't I get myself to start exercising, if not so that I can lose some of the pudge around my hips and middle, then at least because I should take care of my heart and lungs a little better than I have been. What if I don't get any interviews for jobs? What if I can't get a job, even if I get interviews? What if that bug on my ceiling crawls on me after I fall asleep? What if it bites me? What if it crawls in my mouth and I accidentally swallow it?

Counting sheep is not cutting it tonight.

4 Comments:

At 8:18 AM , Blogger pacatrue said...

Just saying hi as a reader of the blog. OK, reader of one day now, but you are now bookmarked. As for Chinese. ni hao, wo ye xue le hanyu, ke shi ming nian wo mei you shijian, suoyi wo ye ting xue. If you can figure out that likely ungrammatical babble without tone marks, then, well u are smarter than the person who wrote it, me.

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger pacatrue said...

Forgot the most important thing. Thanks for the Dance Monkey link!

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger katze said...

Hey, Pacatrue!

Glad you like it here. Glad you like the Dance Monkey link, too! And unfortunately, I didn't understand the Chinese because I haven't taken it yet :-D If I don't drop Chinese for Lawyers, we can try again in December...

 
At 4:10 AM , Blogger pacatrue said...

Thanks for the hello, katze. As for the Chinese bit, I attempted to say:

"I also studied Chinese, but next year I don't have time, so I'm also going to stop."

Exciting, no?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home