Sunday, July 31, 2005

If I Were Single

...I would get myself a great big black lab. It would be the best way to meet men EVER. You would not believe the number of people who will come up and start talking to me when I take Felix's dogs for a walk. Old, young, men, women-- everyone loves these dogs.The little kids are especially funny: they squeal "DOGGIE!!" and reach their hands out toward the massive heads of these dogs with no apparent fear that one of them might decide to have a light snack of kid fingers. This never happened when I would walk Sadie or Jack (my parents' beagle) or the Golden Retriever that belonged to a family I babysat for.

The dogs, of course, eat the attention up. They are (mostly) well-behaved, but very very love-y. They will shove each other out of the way to get to a hand that might scratch between the ears and the younger one has been known to crawl right up into your lap-- or at least he squeezes as much of his 100 pound self onto your lap as possible. Thankfully, they aren't lick-y dogs, as I don't think I could take that much labrador loving.

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better than a dog? A puppy. And better than owning one, a puppy rental service.

Now if I could only get my sister to 'rent' me their kids...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home