Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Let The Light Shine In

You should drop everything and read Andrew Sullivan's column in this week's issue of Time. Regardless of how you feel about Rich Warren and his book, this column offers a surprisingly touching view of the Brian Nichols drama. But it is the Leonard Cohen quote at the end that was my undoing-- and maybe just the medicine the Doctor would order for me, drowning as I am lately in things that are going wrong or that are just plain hard-going:

"Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
It's how the light gets in"


Hallelujah.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM , Blogger J said...

I loved the essay, too.

Sully has it on his blog as well:

http://www.andrewsullivan.com/main_article.php?artnum=20050322

Happy Easter. I hope you have a good day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home