Saturday, February 23, 2008

Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

In less than one hour, I will be thirty-two... or, as we are calling it at our house, "Thirty-too-good-to-be-true". I'm pretty excited, because my thirties have been getting better and better every year. And I have big plans for celebrating.

Tonight, I cracked open the very lovely bottle of wine that Luneray brought for our wedding. It is delicious, smoky and smooth, just the sort of wine I like, and Ash hates, which means it's all mine.

Tomorrow, we're going to dinner at a lovely restaurant that offers a chef's tasting menu that often features words like "goat cheese", "lamb", and "polenta". I've been drooling all week thinking about it. There is also a birthday flan waiting in the refrigerator.


And Monday, I am going to the spa where we had all our stuff done before the wedding. An entire day of pampering has been booked, beginning with a very long massage. This was actually my mother-in-law's suggestion, and she sent me a gift certificate several weeks ago. Ash arranged for the little spa treat to turn into a full spa day.

When I was thirty, I graduated from law school and got engaged. When I was thirty-one, I passed the bar exam and got married. I wonder what this year has in store for me?

4 Comments:

At 1:57 AM , Blogger pacatrue said...

I find it amazing that I was already reading your blog when you became engaged. Happy B-Day!

 
At 2:04 AM , Blogger Luneray said...

well, happy birthday!

I feel like a weenie because I completely forgot about it. But in a weird sort of syncronicity (oh hell, how do you spell it?), I was at a bookstore earlier today and spotted something that I thought you'd like, so I bought it. I hadn't intended for it to be a birthday gift, but you can view it that way, if you want.

glad you like the wine.

 
At 11:20 AM , Blogger Sonja said...

Happy Birthday!
Goat cheese and a spa day... perhaps I should skip the rest of my 20s! ;)

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger katze said...

Paca--

You actually commented on the very first post where I ever mentioned Ash's existence. http://errantapostrophes.blogspot.com/2005/11/tipping-point.html

Isn't it funny how time flies?

Luneray--

Well, don't feel too bad about it, because I do believe that I missed yours as well. D'oh! Too bad you're not here to drink the wine with me.

Sonja--

I'm just saying, getting old rocks so far!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home