Monday, May 01, 2006

Now I Know My ABCs...

Accent: Slight Midwestern twang? I've had people comment on how I pronounce "o" before, and I do use the word "y'all" on a regular basis.

Booze: Yes, please! I like me some dry, dry red wine, single malt scotch, B&B, and Belgian beers (pass the Corsendonk!). I hate cheap American beers, and [whispers]I'm not a real fan of German beers, either.*

Chore I Hate: Doing the dishes. I'd rather scrub the toilet than wash dishes. I dream of the day when I finally live somewhere with a dishwasher.

Dog or Cat: Cat.



Essential Electronics: Laptop. I don't even want to send it out for the minor repairs it needs because I love it and cannot live without it.

Favorite Cologne: Red Door. I've worn it since high school, though I wear other things sometimes, too. I used to have a bottle of Jil Sander No.5 and I would love to get my hands on a bottle of it again.

Gold or Silver: White gold, thank you. Or (if I ever, you know, make some money) platinum. Which means: silver. Because it's all I can afford.

Hometown: Cincinnati, Ohio.

Insomnia: Occasionally. I can usually cure it by moving to a different location to sleep, like the couch. Sometimes I just move so that I'm horiztontal across the bed instead of vertical and that does the trick. Reading (even something deadly dull, like Federal Income Taxation) or getting up to do something else just makes me more awake.

Job Title: This week: Law student. Next week: Unemployed law school graduate.

Kids: None. But I like 'em. Well, some of them. Not the one in Target yesterday, though.

Living Arrangements: My very own 1BR, 1Ba, with a fake FP and Hwd Flrs.

Most Admirable Traits: I will do anything for the people I love.

Number of States Lived In: 4.

Overnight Hospital Stays: Surprisingly, no. Though, technically I've spent the night in the ER a couple of times, I've never been admitted as an inpatient.
Edit: I've been reminded that I spent the first six weeks of my life in the hospital because I was born at 30 weeks. Having no conscious memory of that time, I tend to forget about it.

Phobias: Spiders and needles. The kind you get a vaccination with, not the kind you mend your socks with.

Quote: "I'm just sayin'..."

Religion: I believe in God and in the general precepts of Christianity, but I have a major problem with organized religion.

Siblings: A younger sister who I never get along with, even though we're both adults now. That makes me very sad. I'm really quite jealous of my girlfriends who've become friends with their sisters over the years.

Time I Wake Up: Around 7 a.m. or so on days I have class and by 9 a.m. or so on days when I've got other crap to get done. Usually before 11 on days that I don't. I am usually very cranky when I first get up, too. Sooo not a morning person!

Unusual Talent or Skill: Speaking Swedish? I don't know, really. I can cook very well, but that's not an unusual talent. I'm a pretty good knitter, but that's not unusual anymore. I am the Queen of Parallel Parking. Come to think of it, if the streets around here are anything to go by, that's a very unusual skill.

Vegetable I Love: White asparagus. I love almost all vegetables, except brussels sprouts and carrots. Brussels sprouts I really dislike. Carrots I'm just not particularly fond of-- raw are better than cooked, but I'd choose other veggies if I had my druthers.

Worst Habit: Procrastination. I am the worst procrastinator in the world.

X-Rays: Every part of my body has been x-rayed at some point, though not recently. I think my last x-rays were of my teeth, and they were made at the dentist back in 2002.

Yummy Foods I Make: Poppyseed cake, chicken curry, lasagna, mashed leeks, lamb with a red current glaze, Semmelknödel (though it's difficult to get the right kind of bread here in the U.S.), Jägerschnitzel, stuffed mushrooms, baked brie... I love to cook and I think I do it pretty well.

Zodiac Sign: Picses.

*They are never going to let me back in the country again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home