Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I Am An Idiot, Part 984 of an Ongoing Series

I went for a run "early" this morning (that is, around 10-ish)before settling down to do my work. It felt much earlier because I fell asleep on the couch last night at about 9 p.m., then woke up at 11 and couldn't get back to sleep. Rrrrrrr! I hate it when that happens, because it knocks me off my sleep rhythm and I sleep badly for days after.

Anyway, I came back from the run-- which was glorious, simply glorious: sunshine and a cool breeze, fresh air, birds, and so quiet!-- and did 20 minutes of stretches and abdominal exercises. Then I made some lunch. When it was finished, I started running a hot bath. It takes awhile for the tub to fill, and I planned to eat while it was running. I plated my food, then went back to check the temperature of the water. It fluctuates wildly at times, and more than once, I've drawn a bath that turned out to be just cool enough to be no fun to soak in at all. In fact, I noticed that the water was particularly cool today, so I turned the cold down and left the hot running. Then I went back to eat.

You see where this is going, don't you?

Luckily, I heard the splishy sound of the water slipping over the tub's edge and ran into the bathroom. The flooding was minimal and I mopped it up in a matter of a few minutes (one less chore to finish before the family descends en masse for graduation!). What the heck is wrong with me? I mean, the couscous and veggies were good, but not that good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home