Friday, February 03, 2006

Gaudi

So, ages and ages ago, when I lived in Munich while doing thesis research, I signed up for the Oktoberfest newsletter. Originally, it was so I could get information before going to Oktoberfest (and boy, could I tell stories about that), and I stayed on the mailing list after I came home because it's kind of nice to get a little taste of one of the places I consider "home" in my inbox every so often.

Recently, I got a newsletter that included a link to the "Wiesn Shop", where I promptly fell in love with this umbrella and this adorable rubber duckie. I debated about the purchase for a day or two, and then I decided that I could give them to myself as a birthday present (or, really, they'd be a birthday present from my parents, who usually just send me money now that I don't live within a short drive of them) and went online to order them. I was pleased to find that they do, in fact, ship to the United States... but not so pleased to learn that the shipping costs are almost 40 Euro. I don't love these items that much.

Besides, maybe I'll get my dream job, relocate to Munich and not have to take any bar exam anywhere, and I can just pop on over to the Wiesn to pick them up myself.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM , Blogger Luneray said...

a rubber duckie with cleavage?? That's just wrong.

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger Sonja said...

I love that umbrella!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home