Wednesday, July 06, 2005

And So It Begins

The guy behind the deli counter asked me for legal advice after he saw the copy of "Immgration Procedures" poking out of my shoulder bag. For a moment, it kind of freaked me out, like when someone you don't know calls you by name and it takes a minute before your brain kicks in and reminds you that you're wearing a big sticker on your chest announcing your name to the world. I told him that I was only an intern and couldn't really give him advice, but that he could make an appointment to speak to one of the attorneys in the office (which is only a couple of blocks away; I often shop on my lunch break or before boarding the Metro home).

At least I know no one will ever attempt to show me their oozing rash at a party for diagnosis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home