Monday, July 04, 2005

Regular Blogging Will Resume Shortly

I've arrived back in D.C. after a week at home with the fambly and Finbar. The full story will come out in one or another blog entry when I've had time to write about it. In the meantime, please allow me to share this small observation:

I stopped at Taco Bell for dinner on the road. I don't normally care for Taco Bell, as I have been ruined by the ambrosial offerings at Mighty Taco-- one of the only things I miss about living in Buffalo (Wegman's being another). In fact, I would wager that the last time I ate Taco Bell was just after Hulio and I moved in together, nearly two years ago. But for some reason, it sounded like a good idea today.

While waiting for my food to come up, I wandered over to the condiment table to get sauce packets. Some genius at Taco Bell's markteting firm has added cute sayings to the packets of taco sauce. Mine, for example, said "Of all these sauce packets, why me, why now?", and "If you threw this, would it be a flying saucer?". It almost made me want to eat at Taco Bell more often--an urge that was quickly stifled when I discovered a few miles up the road that they had given me the wrong order. Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 6:06 PM , Blogger J said...

I celebrate witty sayings on food and I have to say I love and miss Wegmans as well (I lived in Syracuse for a while).
Glad you're back safely.

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger EEP said...

Just got back from DC/VA area. Wonderful Wonderful area. I see why you didn't want to come back to pitt...I certainly didn't...

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger katze said...

Glad you had a good time, but I'm sorry I missed you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home