Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Rule Applies To You, Too!

One of my neighbors let someone move in with her... I think her father. Now, considering that she also has two children, and the basement apartments are very, very small one bedrooms, I think this is getting to be excessive. But, so long as I don't hear or see them, I guess I don't care. Well, actually, I do care, when I think about it. At a certain point, four people in less than 1000 sq. ft. is kind of a health hazard, isn't it?

What I do care about is the fact that Mr. New Tenant is apparently a cab driver and seems to think that it's okay to park his cab on the street in front of the apartment. Which bothers be because a) parking is already tight and we'll now have two cars instead of one from that apartment, b)if he intends to park like he did last night, his car will consistently take up more than one spot (which really burns my bisciut-- learn how to parallel park, you inconsiderate jackass!), and c) the neighborhood is zoned "No Commercial Vehicle Parking" after 8 pm. He parked DIRECTLY in front of the sign notifying the public of said rule.

I know I'm being slightly unreasonable, but I want him to move his stupid cab. If he needs to take the bus to and from the cab depot, so be it. If he can't leave the cab at the depot, then he needs to pay the extra money and rent a garage. Or-- and this is the most reasonable option-- he can drive his car around the corner and park on the street where commercial vehicle parking is not restricted.

I HATE it when people think that the rules don't apply to them because it's inconvenient to them. Well, guess what? Your cab is a commercial vehicle. They were zoned out of the neighborhood for a reason. Either move it yourself, or I'll sic the local PD on you. As strapped for cash as they are, I'm sure they'll be happy to start collecting parking fines from you on as regular a basis as necessary to teach you that the rule applies to you, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home