Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Fashion Update

So I spent Saturday crawling through the clearance racks and scouring Goodwill for business casual clothes. It was exhausting. I mean, remember the old stereotype gag in a sitcom where the Spoiled Little Rich Girl comes in from shopping, toting an armload of paper bags (the kind that no store actually gives out) and hatboxes, and flops into the nearest cushy armchair (or couch) with a great heaving sigh? Well, I'm here to tell you, shopping all day is hard!

I'm pleased with the start of my business casual wardrobe. I found three or four pairs of pants, a lovely merino wool sweater, three skirts (a tweed and two floral-- all hitting just at or just below the knee), three button up shirts, a sleeveless turtleneck, and a three piece pantsuit. Together with the blazer from one of my interview suits and the nicer sweaters I already own, that should get me started. In fact, by happy serendipity,the blazer from my brown suit is a perfect match to both floral skirts. All I need is some sort of shirt to go underneath. I'll pick up a few more pieces at AmVets or Goodwill the next time I get up to the City of Light.

Now I have to shoe shop. I know LaPresidente is thinking to herself "That's no chore; it's a reward!". Dami is probably thinking similar thoughts. But the same complaints remain as before-- I just don't want to go shopping for the shoes! Maybe I'll get motivated Friday morning before Finbar comes in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home