Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I Am A Whore

So I'm providing this link to Adagio Teas, as part of this marketing campaign.

I do likes me teas, and I am not a fan of Lipton or Herbal Seasonings (or whatever the stupid tea with the bear is). Perhaps I will like these people enough to actually start ordering from them.

There's nothing quite as relaxing as a hot cup of tea while reading a book. Double relaxation points if it's snowing or raining-- especially a cold rain-- and you're sitting near a window where you can see the snow/ rain. Triple relaxation points if you were supposed to venture out into the elements and decided not to.

I've been on a Lady Grey kick lately. Once I went on a record Darjeeling tear; I think I went through a good three pounds of it in a few months. That was six or seven years ago and I haven't been able to enjoy Darjeeling since. Over the summer, Luneray found a tea at a little tea shop in Uppsala that was phenomenal. I wish I'd had the foresight to write it down, but noooo, in my blind faith in my own abilities, I just thought I'd remember it. I mean, it was really good tea. I like tea. Therefore, I'll remember this tea.

I'm not nearly the tea snob that I am a coffee snob. I don't necessarily have a problem with tea in bags, although I do like loose tea better. You'd never catch me drinking instant coffee, though, except in a true emergency. And by that I mean a The-Sky-Is-Falling kind of emergency, a la The Stand. I suppose instant is OK if you're hoofing it across the country to Boulder to fight for the side of good. But even when camping, I prefer my little funnel brewer. I don't know what these are called, but they are quite common in Germany. You place the little plastic funnel-shaped contraption on top of a mug, place a filter and some coffee grounds in it, then slowly pour boiling water over it. Not as good as coffee made with a good machine, but it'll certainly do.

Anyway, click the ol' link to Adagio Teas and check them out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home