Friday, December 09, 2005

Scary,scary stuff. Landing at Midway is very scary.

For a brief period of time just after Finbar moved back to the City of Light when I was still finishing college, there was a budget airline that connected our two cities and I flew over to visit on a regular basis. The flight connected through Midway and I remember how terrified I was the first time we landed there. You drop fast and the houses and streets are right there and then the plane hits the ground and the pilot basically slams the brakes. Even after a few times flying into Midway, I still found myself gripping the armrest tightly and holding my breath a little each time.

Apparently my fears were not so far-fetched after all. I wonder if people who drive on the streets that border the airport ever feel nervous about the planes coming in overhead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home