Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The Night the Bed Fell

My bed has been broken.

I'd love to pretend it's for that reason, but the fact is that it's because a piece of the bed frame that keeps the slats that hold the box springs and matress in place has broken off and is missing. The slightest movement makes the slats on the left side of the bed fall off the track and takes the box spring and mattress on that side with it. Ash and I had fixed the bed several times only to have it fall apart immediately before we finally figured this out. The bed is less than four years old, but it has been taken apart and put together at least three times because I’ve moved so often. In addition to the missing piece, the metal track is pulling away from the particle board frame at one point.

It was with this frame of mind that I read this hysterical post to a new blog which features Megarita as one of the contributors. Thank God I was at home when I read this and not in class, because I laughed myself sick.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM , Blogger Luneray said...

Let me guess. It's an IKEA bed. I've actually had to bolt mine together with metal braces. IKEA furniture doesn't take well to multiple (dis)assembling.

Luneray

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger katze said...

Oh, yes, it's IKEA. I'm trying to figure out a way to fix it, by force if necessary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home