Saturday, June 18, 2005

Currently Gracing My Nightstand

I finished The View From Saturday. What a great book! I loved the droll tone and the realistic, not sappy, yet still inspiring ending.

Luckily, I didn't have time to cast around for something new to read. When I showed up at Felix's house last night (I'm housesitting for him), he had left a copy of Eats Shoots and Leaves, a book which I have long wished to read, but not having found a cheap copy at Half Price (which should tell you a little about how good this book must be), I haven't had the opportunity to read it yet. It also cracks me up that, after only a few weeks, Felix already knows what a grammar pedant I can be.

Less than a chapter in, I can already see that Lynn Truss is a fellow soul. I love the fact that she actually protested in front of a theater when they put up the posters for Two Weeks Notice, carrying a large apostrophe on a stick. I would totally do something like that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home