Sunday, May 01, 2005

New Feature Coming To Errant Apostrophes

As you may possibly have heard, I will be working in D.C. this summer. (I get such a kick out of saying that.) I am packing up my clothes and books and other things that I plan to take with me. And one of the things that I've planned for the summer is lots and lots of leisure reading. I have been gleaning from my bookshelves all those books that I bought or received for gifts, but never got around to reading. Those books are neatly stacked in a crate and I'm going to work my way through them.

Therefore, I am introducing the "What I'm Reading Now" feature here. Perhaps "feature" is too strong of a word, because really, I mainly intend to put a link in the column to the left, most likely leading to the Amazon.com page for whichever book is gracing my nightstand. However, I may very well offer my views on said books in the blog from time to time. Of course, if a book is particularly good or particularly bad, I'll share that as well.

Kicking off with my current bedtime reading. I recently read another of Bryson's books and really enjoyed it. I am not enjoying this one as much. Perhaps it is because Bryson comes across as the typical Ugly American. The entire book thus far is Bryson whining about the stupid Europeans and complaining that he can't possibly eat anything that isn't burgers or spaghetti because he doesn't speak the local language and might end up eating brains or liver. I am quite disappointed. I will probably give Bryson another chance, because he can be droll at times and because I enjoyed "I'm a Stranger Here Myself". But I would not recommend "Neither Here Nor There" at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home