Friday, April 29, 2005

Book Selling Mogul

I've been listing some old books on half.com and amazon.com. Last week, I sold my first book on half.com. Satisfyingly enough, it was the utterly useless book from Professor Marian's class. Today, less than 24 hours after listing them on amazon.com, I sold my first two books on that site.

I had no idea how cheaply used books are being sold on amazon.com. I may have to file that away for future reference. But then again, part of the book buying experience is wandering through the aisles, smelling the musty smell of books, caressing the spines, leafing through the pages.

Neither of my book sales has made me rich exactly, but it will be enough money to grocery shop for a week with, which is exciting. I was also astounded to learn that a book that has been sitting on my bookshelf for 12 years, ever since it was given to me by a member of the German Parliament, is worth nearly $100.00. I can't imagine why-- maybe because bibliophile though I am, I have never been able to bring myself to read this book. Not even when I was desperate for some German language reading material. Maybe someone will buy it and I will feel flush...until I use the money to buy "Cases in Estates and Trusts" or some other horrible law text.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home