Thursday, December 02, 2004

This is a Test

Oh, dear god, exams are almost here.

Last year, I was fairly freaked out at this time. I was worried about regurgitating the volume of information we’d spent the semester cramming into our brains. I was worried that I didn’t understand enough about torts. I was worried that I would forget to show up for an exam.

This semester I am extremely freaked out because I can’t figure out how to study for most of my classes. This is because we didn’t do anything all semester, so I can’t for the life of me figure out what on earth we could possibly write a four hour exam about. I am sick to my stomach thinking about it. I have six exams total. Swedish is the only one I’m not worried about at all. It’s a take-home and I won’t even bother to study for it. International Law and Conflicts of Law are both take-home exams. Conflicts is the only class that I have that I’m worried about for a normal reason. It was a difficult course (at least for me). In fact, it was a continuation of the course in which I got my worst grade. Plus the professor is tough. Good, but tough.

Evidence is a wild card. It’s also the only closed book exam. Professor Feedback decided that our bar passage rate was insufficient on the criminal law questions a few years back and has since made all of his exams closed book. This seems blatantly unfair and stupid to me. If you ever hire a lawyer who tells you the answer to a legal question without first looking up the statutes and caselaw, you a) need to fire him and b) should sue him for malpractice. Can anyone out there justify the fact that I am in the process of memorizing a whole mess of Federal Rules of Evidence (including the rule number) and applicable case law?

The other very sucky thing about the exams this semester is that I have two exams back to back. There is no real break in between, either. That means that I’ll be going from 9 am until 4:30 pm without stopping, for meals, for rest, for mental health. I want to puke just thinking about it. If only I could have the schedule from last year. I didn’t look at exam schedules when scheduling courses because I really didn’t have the luxury of choosing courses based on the convenience of the exams. Now I kind of regret it.

Just get me through the next three weeks. That’s all I ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home