Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Time Change

Is it just me, or is the end of Daylight Savings Time reeeeeally late this year? I’m kind of ready for it now. This getting up and out when it’s dark in the morning thing is hard. Especially when Finbar’s not around to drive me to school in the morning. Then I have to get up, make my own coffee, drive my own car to the Park-and-Ride, and ride the bus in to school. I know, I know, poooooooor me. Nonetheless, I miss Finbar most in the morning. Sometimes he’s the only reason I get up when the alarm clock goes off.

In the evening, it’s kind of nice not to have to take anyone else’s schedule into account. I’ve been eating horrible junky comfort food that Finbar would never go along with for dinner. For example, last night I sautéed mushrooms and onions, added cream of mushroom soup and poured the whole concoction over orzo. It was pretty good stuff, considering that the main ingredient was the Ambrosia of the Midwest—and the cheap Aldi brand at that. Finbar would want to bake garlic bread, toss a salad, and open a bottle of wine on top of the pasta. Then we’d settle down for a full sit-down dinner. Don’t get me wrong, I like coming home to that most of the time. I am, after all, Foodie Girl. But every once in a while, I want to do what I did last night, which is to make a big bowl of something sloppy and eat it sitting in front of the computer, reading the Television Without Pity recap of “The Apprentice”. It was a lovely evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home