Monday, October 17, 2005

Frankly, I Think It Should Be Required of Everyone

You Passed the US Citizenship Test

Congratulations - you got 9 out of 10 correct!


I missed the one about which state wasn't one of the original 13 colonies. I knew it wasn't Massachusetts or New Hampshire, and I tried to reason it out but couldn't, so I just guessed.

It is my slightly rabid opinion that every citizen should be required to pass this test. I'm still a little nebulous on the "Or Else What?" part, but it seems to me that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Why should you get away with being ignorant just because you had the good fortune to come by your citizenship by dint of being born here if we'll require you to learn the information in order to become a citizen if you happen to have been born elsewhere.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 PM , Blogger J said...

Amen to everyone having to pass the test, and I guessed on the same one you did - VT or NH.

 
At 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I passed too, although with a lower score...wish it would list the correct answers, because I don't know which I missed.

Luneray

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home