Monday, October 24, 2005

Cranky, Cranky

There must be something in the air today. War is far more virulent than usual in her anti-Americanism (did you know that being lazy is an exclusively American trait?) and I am annoyed beyond all reason by the sound of people chewing gum and eating. I am fully cognizant of the fact that I am just as unreasonable and out of bounds in this annoyance as War in her "I Hate America" mode, but I cannot help it. I got plenty of sleep last night and I'm not hungry, so I have no excuse. Puppies would be wise to stay out of my path this afternoon, as I am apparently likely to kick them. Actually, I suspect it's because I didn't make it to the gym last week, what with all the fuss over the fundraiser and all, so I've got a week's worth of accumulated stress. We are so going to the gym immediately after class today before I progress from crankiness to homicidal rage.

Speaking of homicidal rage, I was awake bright and early Sunday morning, being unable to sleep with a head full of thoughts. This sucked because I could have been sleeping in and luxuriating in the lack of appointments that would require me to be at a certain place by a certain time. However, it did mean that I was able to go down and get my newspaper before Wonderful Neighbor stole it. Victory! Then I left a bag of burning dog poop on his doorstep. Well, okay, that's not true. But I did think about it. The problem is that he shares the floor with me, so I'd be just as stuck with the burning dog poop smell. I read the paper, then put it in the garbage bins outside along with my coffee grounds and all the other smelly kitchen garbage, making sure that it showed, just to be immature about it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM , Blogger E.Fritzius said...

As to your paper thief, here's a fairly confrontational method of finding out for sure your neighbor is the thief.

Next Sunday, get up early and wait inside your own front door until you hear your neighbor leave through his to go steal your paper. Then, wait outside your front door until he returns with it, at which time you could say something like, "Ran down to the store to BUY a paper that quick, did you?"

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger katze said...

Heh, Juice, I would totally do that if it wouldn't involve being awake early, early, early and then sitting glued to the door, bored silly (since I won't even have the paper to keep me company). However, I may yet get that angry. Confrontation is gooood, sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home