Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Devil is in the Details

A recent email conversation with a friend:

"I know that it's your big day...but I have only Star Wars stamps.
If it bothers you, I'll make a special trip to the post office so that I can RSVP with a more, ahem, appropriate postal art?"

"My impulse is to ask if there really are people who would care about that sort of thing... and then I immediately realized that, yes, there are. And that's why everything bridal is so effing expensive. I, however, care only about *getting* the RSVP... in fact, please feel free to RSVP via the website and don't bother with stamps or anything."

"Well, I figured you wouldn't mind, and Ash might actually find it funny. But I thought I'd ask just in case someone else was dealing with the RSVPs--someone who really cares about this sort of thing."

Two days later...

"So I paid attention to this only because you asked this question, and I'm pleased to report to you that, thus far, fully 40% of our RSVPs have been stamped with some Star Wars character. I don't know what that says about our friends... ;-)"

"I had a discussion with some of my colleagues to determine which Star Wars stamp was most appropriate for a wedding RSVP. :)"

My friends are awesome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home