Friday, June 03, 2005

Things That Went Well For Me Today

1. The wad of paper that I tossed across the room at the wastepaper basket went straight in.

2. I made it all the way to the top of the escalator this morning without needing to stop for breath. I walk up the escalator and the ones at the exit to the office Metro stop are particularly long and steep.

3. I didn't cry in the office; I made it all the way to the bathroom and into the stall. Plus I kept my eye makeup from smearing.

4. I didn't tell that fetid pile of crap, Oscar, what I really think of him and his petty little trick. Don't think I didn't notice that you waited until Felix left the office for the morning to take your anger out on me.

5. The pants I'm wearing today, which were previously faaaaar too small, are actually a little too loose now.

6. I finished that last-minute memo with TEN MINUTES TO SPARE, despite Oscar's constant interruptions (in a thinly-veiled attempt to make sure that I couldn't complete the assignment on time, just because he didn't want it to get done and was pissed off that Felix overrode him).

7. I met with a client who was really hacked off because we'd "forgotten" to get started on her case-- the same one that the last-minute memo was for-- and went over her case with her. I showed her the memo and explained the rationale behind how we are structuring her petition. She left with a smile on her face and said many times that she felt so much better about things now.

8. I had a great talk with Asako after work. She is so nice and sweet and calming to be around, but also very funny. She reminds me a lot of Lasoe.

9. I found Pakora Khadi in a can. And it's actually incredibly good. I will be so sad when I have to go home and my supply runs out.

10. Pancho finally let me pet him tonight.

11. I made it home before 10 p.m. for the first time all week.

12. I finally got the chance to do my laundry. Clean clothes rock. Tomorrow, I'll do my sheets, unless Will or Grace needs the machine, seeing as how I've hogged it all night tonight and all. Clean, fresh sheets rock even more than clean clothes.

3 Comments:

At 7:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is number three all about? Do you mean on other days you do cry in your office?

If so, why?

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger J said...

If you want me to open up a six pack of wupass on Oscar, let me know. Plus, good God, if you aren't getting home until 10 they should be groveling and saying thank you to you.

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger katze said...

Oh, normally Felix does grovel. And I hear from the other paralegals that he's always telling other people how great I am. Which is, I'm pretty sure, why Oscar, who didn't want to hire me or any one else, is such a grouch with me. He doesn't want to admit that he was wrong. And I'm a convenient target. I've never cried at this job until Oscar had all those uninterrupted hours to concentrate on being nasty to me.

But what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, and despite Oscar, I have a great summer job.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home